Wednesday, November 25, 2009

figure drawing

I took a figure drawing class in the fall of 2008. I actually thought I was mediocre when it came to drawing the figure, but I quickly realized I had lost any skill I had acquired during my undergraduate figure drawing classes. Drawing is like a muscle and if you don't work it out you will certainly lose that muscle.

I tend to focus on line in all forms of art and that is obvious in my drawing. Hopefully my lines have a sense of energy and movement. I was focusing more on expressive line quality than accurately creating the illusion of 3 dimensional form. This wasn't necessarily by choice, as much as habit. I definitely have some bad drawing habits that I need to break. Even though I still need to work on my drawing skills, I am happy with the small collection of drawings that I have from this class.









No comments:

Post a Comment